Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to PSI via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act;
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter EX3 4SR
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by PSI. and acting in the course of their employment or
(ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to PSI. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, , and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. All such information and data required to execute our instruction fully
Uses Made of Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
5. Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
6. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
7. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
8. The Information Controller(s) will only use personal data when the law allows them to
9. The parties who supply information to the Information Controller(s) always have the right to request that their details are not shared.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the following types of parties for the purposes set out in paragraph above:
10. Service providers acting as processors who provide essential elements of the transaction with which we are both associated, including for website activity IT and system administration services;
11. HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
Our use of Data
12. For purposes of the Data Protection Act, PSI. is an Information Controller.
13. We will retain any data you submit for a maximum of 24 months.
14. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
15. The Information Controller(s), may need to share personal data with the following types of parties for the purposes set out in paragraph below.
16. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
17. The information provided to the Information Controller(s) by the parties who have supplied it may be shared with an Information Processor(s) or other Information Controller(s), who in circumstances where necessary, may share such information with the Local Authority, also known as an Information Controller, where there is a need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
18. Service Provider(s), acting as Information Processor(s) or Information Controller(s) who provide essential elements of the transaction with which we are both associated or in the course of our legitimate business.
19. HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Third party websites and services
20. PSI. may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
25. Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data. This may include the following:
26. Use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
27. Sharing data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
28. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain data.
Accessing your own data
30. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by PSI. (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £20.00.
31. Data security is of great importance to PSI. and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this Website.
32. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
33. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the Website.
35. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
36. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling PSI. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
37. This Website may place the following Cookies:
38. Type of Cookie Purpose
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
39. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
40. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
41. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
44. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
45. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.